Friday, October 29, 2010

In Thy Light We See Light



Psalm 36:9  "For with You is the fountain of life:  In Your light we see light."

Psalm 43:3  "Oh send out Your light and Your truth!  Let them lead me; ..."

Psalm 27:1  "The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?"

Genesis 1:3 "Then God said, 'Let there be light,' and there was light. 

II Corinthians 4:6  "For God, who said, 'Let there be light in the darkness," has made us understand that this light is the brightness of the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.  But this precious treasure--this light and power that now shine within us--is held in perishable containers, that is, in our weak bodies.  So everyone can see that our glorious power is from God and is not our own."  NLT

LIGHT–noun1.something that makes things visible or affords illumination


















Out in the night and darkness crying
Fumbling and groping trying to find
Some way out of my frightening blackness,
Can't see my way--desperate, dying.
 
Fear grips me now, in madness raving 
Stumbling and falling, finally I cry,
Lord, please help me now out of my blindness
I need your hand--rescuing, saving.

Then come the words, yes illumination
Stilling and freeing , "Let there be light!"
God takes over and all things are clear
I find Him strong-- life in formation..

Light takes my hand, with guidance twining,
Trusting and yielding, I see the truth.
God's glory blazes bright in Christ's face,
He fills my frame--enlightening, shining,

I have this treasure, Almighty's radiance
sparkling, yes beaming out of my life
My heart's the lamp and He is the flame.
God and mankind, holy alliance.
                                   --Patti Lofgren

1 comment: