Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hope Through Me, God of Hope


 
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost."  Romans 15:13


Hope through me, God of Hope,
Or never can I know
Deep wells and living streams of hope,
And pools of overflow.

Flood me with hope today
For souls perverse, undone,
For sinful souls that turn away,
Blind sunflowers, from their Sun.

O blessed Hope of God,
Flow through me patiently,
Until I hope for everyone
As Thou hast hoped for me.
                                                             Amy Carmichael

Today, having battled on my knees begging for a breakthrough, enlisting friends and family to pray and we seem no closer to our requested answers than we have been, I am tempted to throw in the towel, forget the fight, give it up, stop the hurting by stopping caring, but this devotional Rachael shared with me this morning specifically for lost souls gave me a glimpse into His heart - He wants to hope through me when I am at the end of hope.  Well, here I am, LORD, I'm at the end of my own hope, please hope through me. 

2 comments:

  1. So many of the greatest saints of history fought great battles only to face the let down of weariness and discouragement that comes after a long hard fight. But as Elijah of old was told that the journey is was great for him, and as God sent an angel with food and a long sleep to give him rest and strength, so too He comes to His weary, battle worn, wounded saints as the same loving faithful Father, so intimately mindful of our human weakness, so full of tender love and gives us of His rest, restores our souls, renews our strength. Nothing is wasted with Him. He will come through victorious. May He carry you today and always! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope has come this week in answer to that prayer. What a blessing to serve a God who gives us what we need to be what He asks us to be. He Himself fulfills His will in our hearts when we are not enough alone.

    ReplyDelete