131. Millions of Frost Diamonds sparkling on the grass, bushes and trees.
132. Time to hold and love my Grandbabies
133. Date night with Brian, holding hands and watching a movie
134. Scriptural promises being fulfilled before my eyes
135. God's hand picking up where I have fallen far short
136. Melting snow and bare hillsides
137. Girls to laugh and work with - Spring Cleaning underway with music and laughter
138. Frozen strawberries and blueberries with milk - date night treat
139. My children's bright young minds
140. Good books to discover and read aloud
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Today my Dad will come to watercolor paint with me. We've made a practice of painting Saturday mornings for months now and I look forward to each time and treasure the time together. We don't necessarily say a lot but we will occasionally comment on each others work or a warm smile will pass between us and those moments carry me through the week. I always feel privileged that He wants to take time with me. Because he is on hospice with lung cancer each occasion we are together I am acutely aware of the preciousness of the time. What a blessing it is that God has given us this awareness so we can slow down and savor it.
Notes from a message by
* When we're confident that God is with us, we can face anything. Genesis 45:1-15
Joseph trusted in God's sovereignty.
* When someone wrongs me I can believe that God is in it and will redeem it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1. Be born again - understand we've been forgiven.
Be filled with the Holy Spirit
2. Let go of the pain
3. Trust in God's sovereignty - accept what come from God.
4. See the offender through God's eyes.
5. Move toward the offender instead of moving away. Serve and pray. Serve or give to the one who has hurt me. ( He gave the exception of physical or emotional abuse).
6. Pray for miracles to happen in my heart and the others.
7. Romans 12:19 Revenge not yourselves. Leave vengeance to God.
I found this message to be very helpful and timely. I hope it is a blessing to you, too. If you want to listen to it you can use the following link: http://kitchi.astitch.biz/sermonpg.htm It is Forgiveness Part III from February 6, 2011. I also highly recommend Part I and Part II. I noticed when I went back to listen again that I missed a lot of good things in my notes, so I hope you get time to listen to this wonderful series of messages.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
116. Adversity that makes us cling to God
117. Melting snow making rivers in the driveway
118. An Eagle's nests and mating birds with their tinkly calls - signs of Spring
119. Faithful, uncomplaining daughters who think up incredible food with what's left in the freezer
120. The ice thawing in a daughter's heart
121. Words of hope from Rachael for a situation that seems almost hopeless to me
122. Wonderful books and evenings of treasured time to read aloud
123. Dad feeling better this week - less fluid retention (a turnaround the hospice nurse has never seen)
124. Blueberry coffeecake
125. Strawberry kiefer
126. A helium balloon, chocolate, new books to read, and a new wallet - a happy birthday!
127. Beautiful pink roses
128. Fayetta home
129. Laughter over the dishes every night
130. My friends at KEY
Monday, March 14, 2011
|Photo courtesy of Brian Lofgren|
101. Fiery sun through the trees early in the morning
102. Bright blue shadows on the white snow in the afternoon
103. My praying Sunday School class
104. A houseful of girls and one precious little boy
105. God's steady faithfulness even when I falter
106. Painting with Dad!
107. Good books and time to read them aloud together
108. Sister love
109. That God is good even when life is hard
110. Supernatural help to forgive
111. A tea party with my girls, the cousins and Charissa
112. A nature walk to the river
113. Building snowmen
114. Melting snow
115. Spring after a long Minnesota winter
|Photo courtesy of Rachael Lofgren|