Friday, December 26, 2014

TRANSFORMATION Beginning with Repentance

It has long been the prayer of both my husband and me that ALL of our children would walk with Him serving Him in the Kingdom wholeheartedly, working in the King's vineyard!


 The following promise jumped off the page during my devotions yesterday and I feel that it is a promise for our family for the coming year.... 
Zechariah 8:6-9a, "This is what the LORD Almighty says:  All this may seem impossible to you now, a small and discouraged remnant of God's people.  But do you think this is impossible for me, the LORD Almighty?  This is what the LORD Almighty says: You can be sure that I will rescue my people from the east and from the west.  I will bring them home again to live safely in Jerusalem.  They will be my people, and I will be faithful and just toward them as their God.  This is what the LORD Almighty says: Take heart and finish the task!" 

I haven't been given a word for the year before like my daughter and some of my friends have the past few years, but this year I feel I've been given a word for the year - TRANSFORMATION and that it will begin with Repentance. 

So, I'm excited, filled with expectation over what God is doing in me, and what he will do in our wayward children as we "take heart and finish the task", which, for me at this time, means a spiritual battle - my own repentance (learning to love unconditionally with God's love, bringing healing in our marriage) followed by faithful and faith filled prayer for our children with God giving a 100% increase. The task won't be finished until not just 8, but all 11 are faithfully walking with their God and I feel the promise of this is for this year!  A miracle only God could do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment